Own business: production and sale of non-standard bow-ties
A bow tie is a small men’s accessory on which you can earn a lot if you show a little imagination. In this article we will talk about the business of butterflies made of wood, shells, beads and fur.
Creative business opens up unlimited spaces for imagination. Even such a simple accessory as a bow tie can be the beginning of a successful and original business. This is proven by the startup Stedbee, who recently released a line of designer bow ties made from sea shells. Unusual men’s accessories are announced quite often, rapidly gaining popularity, and then just as rapidly lose it. For example, most recently at the peak of fashion were a wooden bow tie, but now they are forgotten about them, and the market is offering another strange accessory – bronze or steel rings on a beard. There are many examples, but one conclusion – modern fashion focuses on individual accessories. For exclusivity, people are willing to pay a lot of money. For example, the Stedbee bow tie is sold for $ 175. Not everyone can afford such an accessory. Inspired by the idea and adapting it to Russian realities, you can offer the market a completely new, unique product and occupy a free niche. Moreover, the business on the butterflies is quite simple in organization and requires minimal costs.
Concept: to surprise the idea, but not to shock the price
How to open a bow tie workshop? First you need to decide on the range and pricing. You can follow the path of Stedbee and make a bet on exclusivity, for which a high cost is assigned. But in this case, there is a great risk of being left without sales, since not many are willing to pay big money for this accessory.
Another option involves two key points: setting the average price for products and a wide range. For example, the same bow tie made of seashells can become a business card of the business, and the rest of the more familiar consumer goods will contribute to an increase in sales. An additional product can be a bow tie made of wood, paper, metal, leather and fur, artificial stone, wire and even feathers! Butterflies can shine, be of various shapes and sizes. It all depends on the designer’s imagination.
Here is a small inspirational selection of unusual bow ties, from which it is possible to form a unique assortment of a designer shop.
1. Bow tie made of genuine leather and fur. This winter version of the classic accessory was offered by the designers Robot & Brucling.
2. Bow tie with chalkboard surface. The design of the accessory can be changed constantly thanks to the drawings on it.
3. Minimalistic bow tie model
4. Metal bow tie. Option for brutal men. It seems that the idea was inspired by the chain mail of the Russian warriors.
5. Wooden bow tie. Already become almost a classic.
6. Feather Bow Tie
7. Seashell Bow Tie with Leather Strap
8. Knitted bow tie. Cozy and stylish accessories
9. Beaded bow tie. These butterflies are mounted as brooches – at the expense of pins, and have an unusual appearance. Most suitable for girls.
10. Butterflies with embroidery. Such butterflies have become particularly popular due to the boom of patriotism. Often there are embroidery of national ornaments.
Thus, the concept of business is the creation of a store of unusual bow ties, either online or offline. At the start of the range may include 4-5 different models and their variations.
Production: how to make a bow tie
After the selection of the assortment, a natural question arises: how to produce a bow tie? And here there are three options:
– to invent models and make them yourself;
– create a concept store and find needlewomen who will fulfill orders;
– to produce the main part of the assortment independently, and to purchase the rest of the products from the masters.
All butterfly shells are made by hand. After delicate polishing, scallops are covered with several layers of glossy varnish, which ensures the preservation of the shells and emphasizes the beauty of the natural pattern. Then the halves are fixed on the lining of genuine leather. The size of the finished butterfly is 10-11.5 cm. It hangs on a strap with an adjustable length from 30 to 55 centimeters.